Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shared obsession: Cafetasia

Oh my god I love Cafetasia. I can't even write it wittily. My two coworkers (who keep me afloat and sometimes even alive during the week) and I have been unable to tear ourselves away from weekly lunches there. Sometimes we have to go more than weekly just to feed the Cafetasia craving. O, Cafetasia, how are you so consistently good? You seat us promptly, your every dish we order is tasty, tasty, tasty, your lunch special comes with delicious appetizers. Your drink menu is so tempting.

I talk a lot about trying Cafetasia for dinner, since lunch doesn't seem like the right time to sample those fruity cocktails, even though I talk a lot about that, too - how I'm going to just go for it one day and have a two-mai-thai lunch. There are other, beckoning reasons to dine there for dinner - the extensive and enticing full menu, the candlelight. Then again, would I ever be able to tear myself away from those favorites from the lunch special? The green curry, the teriyaki, the petite cheese and crab rangoon? The Great and Holy Basil Udon (so good it inspired a mix CD)?

A downside is that it's pretty loud there - like, say, a cafeteria - which doesn't bother me much over lunch but might over dinner, though sometimes I wonder if it's the noise that's hampering my hearing or just my complete focus on my food. But mostly the problem is that I rarely want to stay in my work neighborhood longer than I have to. Maybe now that I no longer work in Midtown I'll finally start trying some of the fine eateries up there...then again, considering my financial situation, I'm probably better off sucking down basil udon until my belly is taut with happiness.

1 comment: