Monday, July 6, 2009

Petless

Hey y'all! I can't believe I haven't posted something new in over a week! You must think I ran out of costumes. Not so. But that may have to wait until the next post, since there's something I've been meaning to write about, and it's really rather sad.

I have no pets.

See? You're already getting all teary-eyed. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause you any pain. It's not really that bad. Frankly, most of the time I don't notice the lack of pets in my life since I'm too busy dressing up and staring in mirrors for hours on end. But things are always conspiring to remind me that furry creatures can be a great joy in one's life, and that one's boyfriend is not always an acceptable substitute even if his hair is getting rather shaggy.

Item A: my friend Ixiana. She has a pet-photographing business and is ALWAYS having specials and deals for which she sends out adorable little email flyers that just kill me with their cuteness. I mean, look!


This was from the Easter special, obvi. I know it's demented, but that's one of the things I would do with a pet: put funny hats on them and then fall around laughing cause they're so freaking cute with stuff on their heads.

So if that's not torture enough, Item B: remember when I was talking about Herrell's like five thousand years ago? Well, I had a friend who worked there. Of course I hadn't remembered this because she worked summers and I was always back in the Midwest over summers, but I had NOT forgotten a few salient facts about her. 1. She was really cool and pretty. 2. She was wonderful painter with a really gorgeous style. So this particular girl finds me on facebook recently, which couldn't make me happier, and guess what she's doing these days?


That's right! Painting beautiful portraits of peoples' pets! Also she's still cool and pretty.

So tell me, what am I supposed to do with two amazing pet-commemorative options and no pets to commemorate?

Anyone out there I can live vicariously through?

1 comment:

  1. Wookie loves being photographed and is patient with having things put on him. Just sayin'.

    He was asking after you the other day, you know.

    ReplyDelete